(keitai-l) Re: International Usage

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/09/02
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Ken Chang wrote:

> there are so many Japanese companies, electronic
> manufacturers, are behind Wi-Fi now, and the competition will
> bring the price down very quickly, like the broad-band access.

You still haven't explained how this stuff is going to be billed, how
interference is going to be avoided, and so on. As I said, if you really
believe this, let's put some money on it. I think you are ignoring a
huge number of issues that you can't ignore when setting up a public
access system.

Right now, I can walk into Bic Camera with my laptop, and a half hour
later be connected to the Internet via PHS, and it will work all over
the city. Show me any place in the world where I can do this with WiFi.
Show me one vendor of the many who have tried over the last two years
who has gotten anywhere near this capability.

cjs