(keitai-l) Re: JPEG fiasco?

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 07/22/02
Ben answered this in response to a post I made regarding the the UNISYS GIF
fiasco some time ago:

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2001-08/0441.html

Times have changed and all Openwave (EZWeb) phones in Japan include PNG
support. Of course this doesn't solve the problem if you are developing for
i-mode nor the potential problems we could all have with JPEGs.

As with GIFs, any JPEG licensing is only an issue if you are producing
dynamic image content on the server but since this is often essential for
compelling wireless application development, has the potential to effect us
all.

Kyle

--

http://pukupi.com