(keitai-l) chaku-goe

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 08/28/02
Can someone clarify - did the 503 series phones allow sampled audio? I thot
chaku-goe etc only came online with the 504 32+8 series.

Came across this old press release.

/dc

N Melody Town lets users turn own voice into ringing tone
Following in a trend toward total customization of mobile phone ringing
tones, NEC has introduced a new service on its N Melody Town site that
enables users to use their own voice as a ringing tone. The service, branded
"My Check Voice," is available to users of i-mode, J-Sky, and EZweb
compatible phones. With My Check Voice, users record their own voice or any
other sound they wish, then download the recording as a ringing tone. The
recording can also be mailed as an attachment and used as an e-card when
sent to other users. To use the service, users most have a voice
sampling-compatible phone, such as the Ff503i/iS or N503i/iS (I-mode), a
16-tone polyphonic harmony enabled phone on J-Sky or EZweb. N Melody Town
can be accessed on the official i-mode menu under Ringing tone
melodies/karaoke-->General, on J-Sky under Entertainment-->Ringing tone
melodies/karaoke-->General/J-Pop, and on EZweb under Amusement Ringing
tones. The service costs 100 yen per month for up to 5 uses, or 300 yen per
month for 10 uses.

david [dc] collier
  mailto:dc@gamelet.com
  http://www.gamelet.com