(keitai-l) Re: chaku-goe

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 08/29/02
    Yes.  The N503 and F503 series definitely allow this.  As far as I know the SO, P and D
did not.  Says the same thing in the article .... does it not?

    In addition many of the JSky and many of the EZWeb phones that came out
around the same time had this capability as well.

dc wrote:

> Can someone clarify - did the 503 series phones allow sampled audio? I thot
> chaku-goe etc only came online with the 504 32+8 series.
>
> Came across this old press release.
>
> /dc
>
> N Melody Town lets users turn own voice into ringing tone
> Following in a trend toward total customization of mobile phone ringing
> tones, NEC has introduced a new service on its N Melody Town site that
> enables users to use their own voice as a ringing tone. The service, branded
> "My Check Voice," is available to users of i-mode, J-Sky, and EZweb
> compatible phones. With My Check Voice, users record their own voice or any
> other sound they wish, then download the recording as a ringing tone. The
> recording can also be mailed as an attachment and used as an e-card when
> sent to other users. To use the service, users most have a voice
> sampling-compatible phone, such as the Ff503i/iS or N503i/iS (I-mode), a
> 16-tone polyphonic harmony enabled phone on J-Sky or EZweb. N Melody Town
> can be accessed on the official i-mode menu under Ringing tone
> melodies/karaoke-->General, on J-Sky under Entertainment-->Ringing tone
> melodies/karaoke-->General/J-Pop, and on EZweb under Amusement Ringing
> tones. The service costs 100 yen per month for up to 5 uses, or 300 yen per
> month for 10 uses.
>
> +-----+-----------------------------------------+
> david [dc] collier
>   mailto:dc@gamelet.com
>   http://www.gamelet.com
>   tel:09010367032

> -- Type: application/ms-tnef
> -- File: winmail.dat
>
> This mail was sent to address paul.lester@lincmedia.co.jp

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*F=m(dv/dt)
Paul B. Lester
theta division
LincMEDIA Group:(Layer-8 Technologies Inc)
Chief Engineer
Programmer/Chakumelo engineer/DBA/QA etc
EMAIL: paul_lester@lincmedia.co.jp
--
http://www.thetamusic.com/
http://myc.thetamusic.com/