(keitai-l) Re: Japan ranks 20th in mobile Internet use

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/20/02
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Hans de Graaff wrote:

> As I read it the report is on Mobile AND Internet, as in two separate
> things, not necessarily on mobile internet. It seems only 7 out of 26
> factors are directly related to Mobile.

Actually, it may be more than than that. I think that fixed line
penetration probably has a relation to mobile, in that you'd expect
fixed line penetration to be lower if mobile access is available
at the same speed. For example, I have no fixed line access (telephone
or Internet) at home because I've got a keitai and ISDN-speed
wireless Internet access (through bmobile). But if they don't take
this sort of thing into account, it make make the overall Internet
access situation in countries with good mobile service look worse
than it is.

cjs