(keitai-l) Research - mobile internet usage

From: Richard Tee <mlritshirt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10/26/02
Hi everyone,

For my thesis at the University of Amsterdam i am doing research regarding
mobile internet usage. What i'm specifically interested in is for what
purpose people use their phones (ie entertainment, information gathering
etc). I have found some quantitative data from Docomo and Jphone, though
these tend to be quite general (i was already surprised they made these
figures publicly available). Also, indepdent sites are not covered in the
statistics i believe. I would be very interested to know if there are
english language out there covering issues such as these (eg top 10 lists of
most popular independent sites). I have interviewed mainstream content
providers before on a visit to japan (ie Cybird). My plan is to again in
december/january, this time i would also like to interview smaller
companies, startups etc.

If anyone has recommendations regarding websites, interesting companies,
information on research data etc - all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, with best regards,
Richard

Richard Tee - Researcher
International institute of Infonomics - EC/DC
www.infonomics.nl
www.mudia.org
phone +31 (0)45 400 05 40
fax  +31 (0)45 400 05 45
Email: richard.tee_at_infonomics.nl

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!