(keitai-l) Re: mail and imode fones etc

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 10/28/02
joe thompson wrote:

> I have been given a few different email addresses of
> different people with docomo, jfone etc email addresses
> but when I send them mail from yahoo it seems to disappear
> into a black hole. No bounce - no receive . nothing.
>
> Is there some way of pretending to be a keitai and send mail
> from a standard mail client?
>
> Would there be any other reason the mail isnt getting through either??

Joe, I just sent email from my yahoo address to my docomo address
and it arrived within less than 1 second.

Make sure you have the correct address: docomo addresses are of the
type: xyz@docomo.ne.jp
make sure you don't type xyz@docomo.co.jp or xyz@docomo.com - these
are for docomo employees and other internal docomo use. For more info
see: http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq-email.html

In the case of J-Phone sometimes email is not delivered and you'll
get an error message a couple of days after you sent the message
unsuccessfully.

If you or your domain is on known anti-spam lists or you send huge
quantities of emails, DoCoMo/Jphone/KDDI might block your emails.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
                                      http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Read about us in "IBM developerWorks":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html