(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone MIDlet - NEC download service woes

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/13/02
    Hi Chris;

        Your problem sounds familiar, just been there (my group not me)... done that.
If your particular error message is the same as ours we might be able to help.
Could you post your error message up on keitai-L, and maybe we can get you
an answer.

    I remember hearing many distinct yells of pain during this process of trying to
figure out those mystery messages... (slight albeit slight exaggeration here)...
wasn't quite yells...

Chris Wooldridge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a MIDlet that we are deploying for J-Phone handset via the NEC
> download service. The MIDlet makes considerable use of HTTP based networking
> has been extensively tested on Nokia handsets on a GPRS network in
> Australia.
>
> Getting the thing onto the actual J-Phone handset via NEC is proving
> problematic, however.
>
> We have uploaded the jad/jar to the NEC staging server via SFTP. Apparently,
> NEC run a series of tests over the JAD/JAR and, if these tests pass the
> MIDlet is moved to the live server from which it can be downloaded to the
> handset.
>
> Our application is failing one or more tests. Unfortunately, NEC do not
> provide any feedback as to why the MIDlet failed the test, nor do they
> provide any support.
>
> Has anyone been through this process and can share any information on what
> is tested? We are currently investigating J-Phone specific JAD file entries,
> J-Phone specific classes required, file encoding or any non-standard
> requirements for J-Phone MIDLets.
>
> Any assistance would be gratefully received.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris Wooldridge
>
> This mail was sent to address paul.lester@lincmedia.co.jp

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*F=m(dv/dt)
Paul B. Lester
theta division
LincMEDIA Group:(Layer-8 Technologies Inc)
Chief Engineer
Programmer/Chakumelo engineer/DBA/QA etc
EMAIL: paul_lester@lincmedia.co.jp
--
http://www.thetamusic.com/
http://myc.thetamusic.com/