(keitai-l) Re: RE : Mailtunes to Toshiba ts21i

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/16/02
Hi all;

    The big thing to watch out for (at least in Japan) if the size of the
ringtone is too big for the message (which is almost always the case in
Japan after its base 64 encoded), it will just display the base 64 code and
not play the tune back. (minus the part that exceeded the maximum
message length)  (The max in Japan is usually 50 or 500 bytes, not sure
which, and it is fine for a simple 4 voice ringtone but won't do anything
with a 16 voice ringtone).

    The easy solution is to have a hyper link to a ringtone on a server.

    I don't have the European specs in front of me, so I'll let you all
figure it out if its the same in Europe or not.

"Merlijn @ Evident" wrote:

> I know that all i-mode providers (BASE, KPN, DoCoMo, etc.)  remove
> attachments from i-mails.
> But I do not send it as an atachment. It's directly in the mail-body.
>
> this is how the mail-body looks for the Nec n21i.
>
> ####################
>
> --B:M
> TVRoZAAAAAYAAAABAeBNVHJrAAAhhgD/IAEAAP8DCnRvMDIwMTI4MDkA/
>
> ####################
>
> What follws is another 100+ lines with base64 enconded data.
>
> Green things,
>
> Merlijn

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*F=m(dv/dt)
Paul B. Lester
theta division
LincMEDIA Group:(Layer-8 Technologies Inc)
Chief Engineer
Programmer/Chakumelo engineer/DBA/QA etc
EMAIL: paul_lester@lincmedia.co.jp
--
http://www.thetamusic.com/
http://myc.thetamusic.com/