(keitai-l) J-Phone or au?

From: Daniel Helmer <daniel_helmer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11/21/02
Hi all,

As a recent arrival in Tokyo, I need to get myself a keitai ASAP.

So, should I go for J-Phone or au? (don't ask me why not DoCoMo)

Say if I go for the same handset (more or less) like the Sanyo with
bilingual menu (J-SA05 or J-SA51 with J-Phone, or A3015SA with au) - I fancy
that one.

Things to consider are:
- au got faster service, GPS and lower handset cost etc.
- J-Phone seems to have flashier picture services etc.
- is it true you can't send Skymail to au handsets?
- gaijin-friendly content - ezweb vs. J-Sky?
- need good coverage both in Tokyo and Tokai (Shizuoka) region
- I do believe both J-Phone and au has family pricing plans (I need to get
one for my wife too) so I get a bit of discount, but which one is best and
who got cheaper calling plans in general?

What's the pick? (any objective and subjective - more useful actually -
input is most welcome.

Cheers,
Daniel Helmer