(keitai-l) Re: Javascript Use etc...

From: Tracey Northcott <tracey_at_enfour.co.jp>
Date: 01/14/03
>I can never un the concept of locking people out of something....if u have
>something to sell, wouldn't u want them to access from all points..?

There is an old saying...
"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

Where is the business model (that works) for paid content on the internet
- except for porn?  If you give me a model, I will look at it.  That is
the beauty of mobile internet... the business model.

Anyone who wants to use TangoTown is more than welcome to access from
their mobile phone - i-mode, j-sky and ezweb.

If you go to our web-site from a browswer you will see a sample of the
content with a few limited services to show you what you are buying.  And
the cost is about the same as a Tokyo cup of coffee and less than a beer,
so the barriers are not great at all.

We spent 2 years developing our site and are making improvements all the
time.  So, I am only going to open it up where I can earn some money to
conpensate for the blood, sweat and tears and put food on my table...
This is my day job - I am certain you don't work for free. I have rent to
pay the same as everybody else.  Plus my content is an asset of the
company and I am not going to put it in a place where every Tom, Dick and
Pirate can access.

It is about time that content developers were compensated for their
efforts in accordance with their efforts.  For too long people have
leveraged off content to sell more harware but the content has taken as
much time and money to develop but it is difficult for people to realise
the value.  If you want people to continue to develop compelling content
than there has to some sort of financial reward..  this is not greed,
this is life.

Now we all know people who use pirated software...  sorry to rant - but
as a developer, I consider pirates are theives.  Same with content if the
intention of the developer was to create a commercial product.

<End of Rant>

Cheers,
Tracey

=================================