(keitai-l) Re: Docomo and Vodaphone?

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 01/14/03
Everyone,

Yes, this will happen when pigs fly... Vodafone and DoCoMo?  More likely
Orange and DoCoMo or perhaps a conglomeration of O2, Bouyges, KPN and
Telefonica together with DCM - Vodafone is pretty heavily invested in
J-Phone and would be unlikely to switch.

Best,

Mark=20

On 1/14/03 10:09 AM, "Alistair Jeffs" <alistair@jetpack.com> wrote:

>=20
>=20
> where's it leave hutchison? as do co mo already have an 'equity'
> relationship with them - an operator that's launching in a few european
> countries sometime - i wonder what that quote means...
>=20
>=20
> At 22:22 14/01/2003 +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
>=20
>> So what do people make of this?
>>=20
>>     http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/59/28850.html
>>=20
>>     In an interview with the Financial Times, NTT DoCoMo President and
>>     Chief Executive Officer Dr. Keiji Tachikawa predicted that just four
>>     mobile operators would exist in Europe after a re-alignment of the
>>     market. He said that his company will need to link up with one of
>>     the remaining companies. "I think it would be better if we had an
>>     equity relationship," he is quoted as saying.
>>     Vodafone is also thought to be a candidate for cooperation.
>>=20
>> How could such a thing happen, with Vodaphone owning J-phone, and
>> aggressively turning it into just Vodaphone?
>>=20
>> cjs
>> --
>> Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org
>>     Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light.  --XTC
>>=20
>>=20
>> This mail was sent to address alistair@jetpack.com
>=20
>=20
> This mail was sent to address mark@consect.com
>=20
>=20

--=20
Mark Frieser
Consect
+1 917 855 2669

Join the president of Qualcomm Internet Services, the Managing Director of
imode strategy of NTT DoCoMo and 200 mobile and content industry leaders at
the Global Wireless Summit on January 23rd in San Diego, California.

For more information, how to sponsor and to request a ticket, go to the
Summit website at http://consect.com/SD/index.html
=20
aserej=E8 ja de j=E8 de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva,
majavi an de bugui an de buididipi -- Las Ketchup, Asreje=20