(keitai-l) Re: mobile mail, GPS, and delivery services

From: Funk <funk_at_rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 01/24/03
At 18:47 03/01/23 +0900, you wrote:

>Is this stuff for real? Whoever is pursuing this is obviously living in
>some sort of dreamland. First of all I am supposed to make myself more
>or less publicly trackable and possibly pay for that "privilege"
>myself. Right.

different strokes for different folks. one thing I think we can all admit
is that the mobile Internet and SMS has showed us how different people's
needs are. many people like to download ringing tones and wall paper and
many people don't. similarly some people are not home enough or cannot use
their work address for delivery of products ordered on the mobile Internet.
these are probably the same people who buy products with their mobile phone
(or else they would do it with their PC), a market that reached 300 million
US$ in japan in 2002. Some of these people have the products delivered to
convenience stores and others use the mobile mail services offered by
delivery companies to choose the time of the day to have the product
delivered to their home. A location-based delivery service gives one more
option to these people.
cheers,
jeff funk