(keitai-l) Re: gimmick, but....

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 02/18/03
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Its not an gimmick.

It's a gimmick 'coz they could just have easily used a regular digicam.
There is no reason at all why this had to be "real time".

> Mobiles with cameras ill soon start to have a
>major impact on all other media. Think 11/9 with live video feeds
>coming from most of the people trapped in the buring towers.

mmm - can't wait, I'm sure...  But if what you say is right, why hasn't
this cellphone "major impact" already affected radio? It's true we heard a
few desperately sad messages from people trapped insides as they called
their families - but hardly " a major impact" - even with moving pictures.

>Thinmk
>million and million of newsteams and every event, big or small,
>covered more or less live.

Oh joy.  2 million people with their cellphones streaming fuzzy live
media. What an utter bore. It will have not the slightest affect on "other
media" I suspect.

>Think telecom turning into telecam.

Useful if you are in a  car crash and want to get pics for your insurer -
or for wives to keep track of husbands, mothers of children and so on.

Think "privacy even deader than ever..."

Nick

Nick