(keitai-l) Re: [ham] Re: moblogging

From: Stuart Woodward <stuart_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/28/03
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:42:48 +0900
"Malcolm James" <mj@translation.co.jp> wrote:

> Stuart Woodward said:
> > I think it really won't take off until in Japan until a device with a
> > keyboard like the Hiptop is cheap ...
>
> ... or perhaps a device that can annotate the pictures with audio instead of
> text?

That can be done right now now. My Au phone can send audio attachments
and it would be trivial to make my script attach them to the page with
an icon. The problem with audio is:

1) You can't quickly scan a page to see if it contains something that is
worth listening to.

2) Google doesn't index it audio files yet. :-)

It would be good for families rather like voice mail but I think that
text, the killer app since the dawn of time will still be the most
popular.