(keitai-l) employment question

From: Conor <conor_at_screwthedean.com>
Date: 03/08/03
I'm not sure if this is on or off topic, please don't flame me if I am off,
just ignore this mail.

I'm currently living in Japan, working as an English teacher. This is a job
I do not want to continue doing. I recently graduated from a 4 year IT
degree. What I really want to do is work in the IT industry, specifically
the keitai market, in Japan. What I want to know is, what qualifications do
employers over here usually require, and what level of Japanese is expected.

I've been here close to 6 months, and my current level of Japanese is
nothing to write home about, actually, it's next to zero, I can understand
and sometimes communicate some things, but I suppose from a realistic point
of view, it's practically non-existent.

Actually, I suppose this is pretty much off topic, but I figure since this
is a keitai discussion list, and some of the people on here seem to be
keitai professionals, someone might be able to shed some light.

Any help/ideas are appreciated,

Conor