(keitai-l) Re: Earthquake Noopie for your Keitai...

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/12/03
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Since Tokyo gets pretty beaten up lately (more than normal?),
>the best thing you can do is to inform yourself. It somehow makes
>you feel better afterwards if you actually can get some info
>about the shake.

I think the most re-assuring thing I could hear after a serious 'quake is

"and they are not going to switch the power on....".

I went up to Kobe taking food after the Hanshin Biggie a few years ago,
and it is well known that many who died ("poor Japanese" was the euphemism
of choice - although everyone knew what was meant)
died of fire after the electricity was switched back on several hours
after the quake...

Does your service give national coverage?

Nick