(keitai-l) AW: Re: i-mode subscribers numbers Q1 2003

From: Christian Vollmann <christian.vollmann_at_spiritlink.de>
Date: 05/12/03
I was following the discussion about acceptance of i-mode in Europe with a
lot of interest. I have written my diploma thesis about the subject a year
ago and of course was eager to get one of the first i-mode handsets
available in Germany.

As an EX E-Plus i-mode subscriber I can only say that the N21i is the
crapiest phone available in Germany today. I had to recharge every 20 hours.
Frequently, the phone would freeze or reset itself.

If you ask me, the most important thing I want to do with a phone is still
to make and receive calls. I need a phone that lasts 4 days without
recharging and that works when I need it. Those are absolut "hygiene
factors", they do not make me buy the phone, but they just HAVE TO BE THERE.
In case of the N21i, they just aren't, which is the reason why I just sold
it over E-Bay (how can you pay 105 EUR for it???) and canceled my i-mode
subscription.

Conclusion: Even with the most advanced service line-up, i-mode will never
take off in Europe if they continue to offer only CRAP handsets.

Christian