(keitai-l) Sony phones

From: Michael Sydenham <michaelsydenham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 05/23/03
I think it was tmk who wrote Sony phones are not cool? Hmm I wonder. I was
just quickly thinking about some of the unique points of these phones -

jog & dial selector: I think this is pretty cool - a very practical way to
perform text input that has no equal on other handsets I think.

kisekae panels: This was pioneered by Sony Ericsson for AU. These are the
exchangeable panels on AU phones. An interesting & fun way to significantly
personalise the appearance your phone. Cool enough to be copied by others.

hikari panels: User-customisable multi-coloured flashing light panel
combined with the kisekae idea yields about 30 different illumination
patterns upon incoming ring - a new spin on "manner mode".

Dotart & VisualFlow: These applis are very interesting applis -
collaborative art (504) & image navigation (AU) respectively. Unfortunately
DotWall Project just finished. It allows users to create a bitmap on their
504 & post it the result for others to download as a machiuke. Check
VisualFlow if interested.
http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/company/press/20030312_visualflow.html

movie player: My impression is their latest AU phone probably has the best
quality movie playback in the industry at this time.

Regards

Michael.