(keitai-l) Re: AW: port of i-mode to other cultures

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/04/03
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Ken Chang wrote:

> beside the Web, DoCoMo never had SMS service for their PDC network.

Docomo has had Short Mail, which seems the equivalant (50 char message
sent to anothe phone number, and i-Mode service not required for it) for
several years now, so "never" is not true except in the strictest sense.
Maybe you mean that it wasn't available before i-Mode came out? Though I
can't imagine why they would add Short Mail at the time or after i-Mode
became available.

> again I'd like to stress, as others already pointed out, that it was
> not i-mode Web service but the second-grade i-mode mail service that
> really won the market.

Funny, if J-Phone and KDDI had the market for phone-to-phone messaging
all wrapped up, why did Docomo decimate that when they introduced
e-mail?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org