(keitai-l) Re: AW: port of i-mode to other cultures

From: James John McGuire <jamesmc9999_at_dada-dada-da.com>
Date: 11/04/03
One point I have not seen mentioned yet is the interaction between email and
browsing.   It's very easy to switch from email to browsing.

A friend can send me an email that contains a URL to my keitai.  I click on
the URL, my browser pops up with a new web page.  I browse a small bit
(probably less then 5 pages), perhaps I agree to become a subscriber or
registered user, which in turn, depending on what I agree to, may send me
additional email about new services, creating a potentially endless cycle.

While the carriars benefit as they get more packet charges, content
providers benefit from a low-cost method (as opposed to giant neon
billboards) of attracting users.

I don't it's so easy with SMS, if it's even possible.

James