(keitai-l) Re: AW: port of i-mode to other cultures

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 11/04/03
James John McGuire wrote:
> One point I have not seen mentioned yet is the interaction between email and
> browsing.   It's very easy to switch from email to browsing.
>
> A friend can send me an email that contains a URL to my keitai.  I click on
> the URL, my browser pops up with a new web page.  I browse a small bit
> (probably less then 5 pages), perhaps I agree to become a subscriber or
> registered user, which in turn, depending on what I agree to, may send me
> additional email about new services, creating a potentially endless cycle.
>
> While the carriars benefit as they get more packet charges, content
> providers benefit from a low-cost method (as opposed to giant neon
> billboards) of attracting users.
>
> I don't it's so easy with SMS, if it's even possible.

This works fine with both SMS and Email on the GSM phones I have tried -
when your curser touches an what appears to be a URL it turns blue and
you can select it to go to the browser. On some models you may need to
select "search for URL" or similar in the menue first, but the effect is
the same. Obviously, URL must point to a wap site for the wap browser to
work as expected.

				/ Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se