(keitai-l) Re: j-Phone new W-CDMA global roaming handset

From: <Martyn_Williams_at_idg.com>
Date: 11/15/03
The first three from Vodafone had dual band GSM right? This is the first
tri-band GSM handset with WCDMA, so finally a single phone to use
everywhere. Well, all except South Korea but they'll have WCDMA sooner or
later (perhaps later) it seems.

And with LG preparing a GSM/CDMA dual mode handset perhaps the dream of a
universal phone is a little nearer. Of course, with a handset like this
one, there is little incentive to add CDMA support just for one market so I
guess that will never happen.

I don't know about anyone else but I am dumping my roaming Au service for
Vodafone now they have a cool handset and global coverage. I don't think Au
every really thought roaming was important and they have definately stiffed
me on roaming charges many times.

Martyn

                      Giovanni Bertani
                      <giovanni.bertani@e        To:       keitai-l@appelsiini.net
                      xsense.com>                cc:       (bcc: Martyn Williams/NEWS SERVICE/IDG)
                                                 Subject:  (keitai-l) j-Phone new W-CDMA global roaming handset
                      11/15/2003 01:50
                      Please respond to
                      keitai-l

Finally a 3G phone capable of global roaming:

http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/16425.html

This mail was sent to address Martyn_Williams@idg.com