(keitai-l) Re: j-Phone new W-CDMA global roaming handset

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 11/15/03
They showed several similar concept phones at
the Wireless-Japan exhibition - you'll find
an overview here:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/wirelessjapan2003/concept.phones.html

Gerhard

Martyn_Williams@idg.com wrote:
> The first three from Vodafone had dual band GSM right? This is the first
> tri-band GSM handset with WCDMA, so finally a single phone to use
> everywhere. Well, all except South Korea but they'll have WCDMA sooner or
> later (perhaps later) it seems.
>
> And with LG preparing a GSM/CDMA dual mode handset perhaps the dream of a
> universal phone is a little nearer. Of course, with a handset like this
> one, there is little incentive to add CDMA support just for one market so I
> guess that will never happen.
>
> I don't know about anyone else but I am dumping my roaming Au service for
> Vodafone now they have a cool handset and global coverage. I don't think Au
> every really thought roaming was important and they have definately stiffed
> me on roaming charges many times.
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html