(keitai-l) KPN announced World's 1st prepaid i-mode service

From: Giorgio Andreoli <g_andreoli_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11/19/03
(issued some days ago, but I didn't see this press on the list)

On Nov. 11th 2003, KPN announced to be 1st Worldwide operator to support prepaid users over i-mode (http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2003/6068.htm)

Features for prepaid subscribers:
  a.. Customer-friendly redirect to recharge web page upon low balance
  b.. Application level information so that services can measured for uptake and charged based on the value of each service [?]
  c.. Real-time redirection and enforcement based on available funds to ensure all revenue is captured.
  d.. Scalable prepaid offering able to handle the needs of one of Europe's leading mobile operators.
Btw also Wind in Italy will support prepaid users since their launch (today, 19 Nov).

I expect prepaid support (combined with availability of new i-mode terminals from Samsung, Siemens etc.) to boost i-mode sales in Europe.

Giorgio