(keitai-l) Re: Simpler iMode Email Question

From: Hans de Graaff <hans_at_degraaff.org>
Date: 11/20/03
> No, there is no way for user to input an emoji when writing a mail. Even on
> step2 phones that have advanced email (well I only tested Nec phones ..).

?? On my NEC 341i I use Menu -> Insert object -> Pictogram to insert
the emoji in my imail messages. Sending messages with emoji works fine
between handsets. I am not sure which of the European i-mode handsets
support this already, but I think at least the N223i also supports it.

When sent to a normal email address the message is encoded with utf-8,
so if I would have a proper font with the emoji in them I would be
able to see them on the PC as well.

Hans