(keitai-l) Re: Simpler iMode Email Question

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/21/03
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Bill Volk wrote:

> Sorry to be such a pain.  There's a big investment decision behind my
> questions.  We have access to a anti-spam technology that MIGHT work for
> iMode email ... IF we can somehow manage the email with something
> similar to a POP client.

If there's a big investment decision there, I'd suggest you hire a
consultant who understands the technical details of Internet e-mail
to help you out, since you do not understand the technical details of
how Internet e-mail works. (Don't take this as an insult; it's simple
statement of fact. Or at least my opinion, but keep in mind that I
understand very well the technical details of Internet e-mail, and have
implemented my own anti-spam system for my Docomo e-mail already.)

Anyway, if you don't want to use the system I use (which I explained
in a previous message to you), which works but is not particularly
user-friendly, I do believe you have another option. It's possible to
became a sort of a "packet traffic reseller" for Docomo, where you get a
leased line to Docomo and, once a user sets his phone properly, all web
traffic, at least, for that phone goes through you. Possibly it's all
packet traffic, in which case it would include e-mail traffic as well.
There might be a way of doing spam filtering once you're in control of
this traffic.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org