(keitai-l) Re: Phonecam games?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/16/03
Another thing, though whether you consider it a "camera" thing or not
I woudn't know, is that the latest series of Docomo phones will read
1-D and 2-D barcodes with the camera. The 2-D barcodes can apparently
contain up to about 7000 bytes of information. This is certainly
something someone could use in a "fox-hunt" game, and perhaps in other
sorts of games, too.

Bar codes are not used a whole lot, yet, but I have seen them used for
quick input of URLs in the flyers that Docomo sends out with their
monthly bills and in advertisements on trains. (Though I have to admit
that, much as I was tempted to, I was too embarassed to pull out my
keitai and photograph the bar-code in the advert on the door of the
train.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org