(keitai-l) Re: Toshiba 3gb HD for phones. Keitai and iPod merging?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 12/16/03
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Giovanni Bertani wrote:

> It has the capacity of 2gb or 3gb and will be probably integrated into
> phones in 2004.

My Japanese is not so good, but didn't that article say that they're
reckoning that they'll be selling it in quanity to OEMs in 2005 for
around 30,000 yen per unit? At any rate, it's this:

    2005年以降の量産を目指し、OEM価格は30,000円前後となる見込み。

If that's the case, I don't think we'll be seeing these in keitai
before 2006, at best. (30,000 yen is the retail price of a brand-new,
just-came-out high-end keitai, here.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org