(keitai-l) Re: QR code

From: Benjamin Joffe <benjamin_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 01/08/04
Most of you probably know about that, but QR codes (2D bar codes) have
gone such
a long way that apart from being in an increasing number of consumer
goods magazines
and cellco's catalogues, they are now even being used on tourist visas
stamps in Japan.

This is a popular form of e-commerce and a clever way to go around the
pain of
data input on mobile phones for URL, names cards, goods references and
coupons, etc.
As it relies only on camera (>85% of phones sold now in Japan have
camera embedded, and
 >40% of mobile users already have one) and some small recognition
software, if it gets
combined with e-purse service, it can get really efficient until any
IC-tech grows.

--
Benjamin