(keitai-l) Re: Voice Melody file

From: Paul Lester <paul_at_thetamusic.com>
Date: 01/21/04
    The older phones used to take a binary MFi file and
encode it into a text format .....  But on older phones if
the MFi file had voice data... it would be too large to fit
in the limit... most non-ADPCM files did not fit within
the email 5k (or was it 500 bytes) limit as well.

    I haven't had time to look into if these limits and restrictions
have been changed for the SO505iS or not.  I'm pretty sure they
were in place at least until the 503i series were around.

    But with i-appli's its not too difficult to get around size restrictions.

Nik Frengle wrote:

> Paul Lester Wrote:
> > Yes for afew years some MFi files can
> > contain voice data.
> > But DoCoMo has limits on the size of email messages,
> > and I do not know if they
> > allow you to send Voice data via email.
> I thought that there was another format used for
> mailing melodies, a non-binary format.  Since the
> format is non-binary, I am guessing that sending voice
> data would not be possible.
> Let me know if I am wrong.
> As for Michael's comment about Vodafone, as far as I
> know we were using standard SMAF format ringtones. The
> new V801SA supports chaku-uta, and the format is
> standard AAC or Secure MP3.
> Best,
> Nik
>
> =====