(keitai-l) Re: Bringing phones home

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 01/22/04
Hi Mathieu -

Most of the devices Gemini has had a hand in allow theoretically cable up
but not down (eg a lot of VF JP java handsets), but no-one really uses that
in japan. I think you can get a cable enabled phone from VF directly, there
has been talk of this, but I havenft seen one in a japan dev environment.
Talk to your friendly VFJ content manager!
But basically the firmware is same as GX10/20, so with actually rather nice
java download tools compared to some of the flakier stuff from euro mfrs.
KDDI? You must mean Brew (jk)! Brew obviously is very cable capable, as in
fact you can't do *anything* OTA unless you're blessed by QCom.

PS I am in france (or at least Monaco) next week for imagina - you going?
Before that London/MGF event.

/dc