(keitai-l) sharp's xmdf ebook format

From: Forrest O. <keitai-l_at_forresto.com>
Date: 02/06/04
I have been searching for some method to make my own eBooks for Sharp's
XMDF eBook format for personal use on my J-SH53.  Does anybody out there
know if this is possible?  I would like to make eBooks out of public
domain works (1), creative-commons licensed works that allow it (2), and a
Japanese-English English-Japanese dictionary out of Jim Breen's JMDICT
files (3).

1. http://promo.net/pg/
2. http://www.craphound.com/est/download.php
3. http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/j_jmdict.html

My hope is that there is some hack way to do it.  My fear is that it is a
completely closed format, and there is no way to do this unless you work
for Sharp.

Thanks for any help,
  Forrest