(keitai-l) Re: DoJa & MIDP

From: Jofre Palau <jofrepalau_at_yahoo.es>
Date: 02/06/04
Hi,
Doja 1.0, 1.5 or  2.0 and MIDP 1.0 or 2.0 are incopatible due to it's
origin.
* In a iappli (or Doja aplication) most of the classes used are hinhertied
from a com.nttdocomo.x class and the base class for a iAppli is
com.nttdocomo.ui.IApplication.
* In A MIDlet (MIDP application) of course there are no nttdocomo classes
and the base class is javax.microedition.midlet

On a general approach from the capabilities point of view:
Doja 1.0 < MIDP 1.0 < Doja 1.5 < MIDP 2.0 < Doja 2.0
Both platforms (Doja and MIDP) have similar APIs and programmers can easily
translate code from on platform to the other but I don't know of any device
that supports MIDP 2.0 and Doja 1.5.
Hope this helps

Jofre Palau