(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Disruption

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/13/04
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Jeff B wrote:

> Especially interesting is Jeff's view (which assumes no future changes in
> mobile internet) that the current battle for a "platform" iis among imode,
> VOD LIve, with a very outside chance for OMA.

If the "platform battle" is related to the number of users, since Docomo
is going eventually to move the vast majority, if not all, of its
customers to Foma, this would seem to mean that Docomo's market share is
expected to shrink to insignificance. This I find highly unlikely.

I think you're going to see a lot more Foma takeup (orders of magnitude
more) now that Docomo is coming out with decent handsets (the 900
series). Foma's biggest problem has been that the handsets aren't nearly
as good as the PCS handsets. Even techno-geeks like me who would use
Foma just for the fun of it are still in PCS because of the handset
issue.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org