(keitai-l) Re: NHK MUSE...

From: Eric Hildum <EricHildum_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 02/22/04
I guess I go back quite a bit further than you do. It is not surprising
that the digital systems developed twenty years later do better;
however, the development of MUSE began in the early to mid 1970s, with
the initiative for a new television system starting in the mid 1960s if
I remember correctly. Fujio wrote the seminal paper on the system
around 1980 or so.

I think you missed my point entirely - nobody at the time MUSE was
developed or the ATV trials in the US started in the early 1980s
thought it was possible to put a quality television signal in digital
form into a 6 MHz channel. I remember digital television systems that
generated as much as 240 MB/s at the time for their signals - those
were not going into a 6MHz channel at all.

Eric