(keitai-l) Re: Handling the various Carriers and Models

From: Christopher Kobayashi <chriskk_at_pixi.com>
Date: 02/23/04
Thanks for the info.

> you could try the WURFL project which will be adding docomo support
shortly.

Do you know if there is a publicly available XML file from DoCoMo or any of
the other Japanese carriers that lists models/spec? I figure there are many
privately built lists for commercial packages/ASPs, but none in the open
space. Maybe it's time to start one. hint - any takers.

> this will take care of the device capabilties side. the other side is the
> content display. a jsp tag library is currently under developement with
the
> wurfl to deal with the issues of cHTML/XHTML/WML code translations.  a
> simple example is <br>. works for web and chtml, but not any xml based
> parsing languages such as xhtml or wml.

Someone mentioned to me that AU's EZWeb allows for viewing of iMode sites
due to a converter/gateway. I guess this would be alright for static sites,
but kind of scary for anything with sessions or data collection. Can anyone
point me to more info?

Thanks,
Chriskk