(keitai-l) Re: FOMA SH900i & multitasking

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/07/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Arkadiy Kraportov wrote:

> I am moving to Japan soon and trying to choose a cell phone.
> So far I like SH900i the best. The only one confusing thing about the
> cell is it doesn't support a multitask mode according to the
> http://foma.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/pdf/900i_function.pdf .
> Does anybody know is it true and if its true, how useful the multitask
> mode is?

Man, that is really odd, since the SH505i was the only one of that
series that did have multitasking. I would in fact have gone for that
over the F505i I bought excepting that it was a wee bit heavier and I
thought that the SH didn't have barcode reading functionality. (If I
could make the choice again, I'd go for the SH, but primarially because
of the really slow text display of the F.)

Personally, multitasking would be a pretty strong want-to-have for me
at this point. I'd especially like to be able to easily copy a few
kanji out of an e-mail, flip to web browsing so I can look them up on a
dictionary, and go back to the e-mail.

If the F900i has fixed the F505i problem where it displays menus, web
pages and mail text really slowly, it rather does look like the best of
the lot.

If you're fussy about the UI and features, though I'd consider renting
a phone and using it for a week before you make a choice. I've found it
pretty much impossible to tell from the features list and playing a bit
in a shop if I'm really going to like a phone or not.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org