(keitai-l) Re: Nokia warns of tough times ahead

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 04/22/04
I asked the question before and got no response, but I am genuinely
curious. What design other than a clamshell is capable of protecting a
high quality screen and keyboard?

If you are going to have a "lid" it may as well be the screen,
otherwise all that surface area on the underside of the "lid" is going
to waste...

I liked the F209i - a slimline candybar phone, but anything bigger is
too big for jeans front pockets (at least, without becoming the cue in
some involuntary game of pocket snooker...)

I think the thickness of clamshells will sort itself out with new
screen technologies, but I don't see the basic design using its
disadvantages.

Nick