(keitai-l) Premini

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/13/04
There was a thread recently about clamshells/candy bar phones, and also
one about super-small phones, as preferred by some of us.

Premini is
39mm X 90mm X 1.9mm candybar

(warning: lots of truly horrid flash and "peepy" noises)
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/p_s/products/keitai/premini/

no flash
http://www.slashphone.com/19/490.html

Sad things is, this is STILL only slightly smaller than an clamsell
P504, and 2mm thicker. It is lighter though, at 68g as opposed to the
504i's 99g. The 504i has a bigger screen of course...

It has a curiously curved handle - which might make the effective
thickness greater then the quoted 1.9mm. I wonder if careful
application of a hacksaw would leave it in working condition. Silly
name, Premini, makes me think of premature ejaculation. I wonder if
they will release it before it is ready...

Still, it is the first phone I have seen that might tempt me to
upgrade. And good for Sony Ericsson/Docomo, producing a phone without a
camera, but that does the basics in a small package.... I expect they
will sell truckloads to salarymen.

Nick