(keitai-l) premini launched - impressions

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 07/01/04
The Premini (tiny keitai) was launched today and my - it is small. I
was struck by the reaction it evoked in me on first sight - something
similar to that to a baby hamster. Words like "nestle" and "protect"
came to mind as I cupped it in my hand (baby hamster style).... In
other words ,a  completely different reaction to that I have to any
other keitai.

I am not sure this  "It's a baby - protect it" feeling bodes well for
its future, if wide-spread - it looks a bit too toy-like, and easy to
lose. It is also a bit thick - something a little wider but a lot
flatter would be more to my taste.

The weird curved handle does not seem to increase the depth, and is
actually welcome as I suspect this phone will be used tied around
people's necks...

I did not play with a working version as I have not had time. What are
other people's impressions?

Nick