(keitai-l) Re: keitai no swim

From: Eric Hildum <EricHildum_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 07/01/04
I am afraid you now have a pocket full of junk. For reasons that are
not clear to me, cell phones are extremely hydrophobic, and generally
are destroyed by even minimal amounts of water. I once dropped my phone
into a small puddle of water on the floor, not even 1 mm deep, and the
phone instantly failed.

What is really strange is that there should be no problem coating the
electronics with a protective coating, making sealed keyboards, and
making the case more water resistant. This really is an example of cost
cutting to the extreme in the manufacturing, I think. After my
experience, I am even very careful in the rain, as even one drop of
water is enough to destroy a phone.
Eric
On Jul 1, 2004, at 2:12 AM, James John McGuire wrote:

> Yesterday, I tried to give my keitai a quick rinse cleaning, while it
> was
> still on.... Hmmnn.  Not a good idea.  Hindsight is wonderful isn't it?
>
> Anyways, today when I can actually get it turn on, it gives it's
> rendition
> of an epileptic fit and then turns off.  Is it toast? Or is there a
> way for
> it to become a happy camper again?

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]