(keitai-l) Re: Question concerning barcodes on a Keitai

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 07/27/04
The QR code format is open so a QR code capable mobile should be able
to read any QR code.

What is not standard is the format (semantics) for adding a phonebook
entry, create mail, etc. DoCoMo has one way, Vodafone another, and AU
something similar to but not exactly the same as Vodafone. DoCoMo also
allows you to embed binary data in QR code including images and iAppli.

You can still make a single QR code that will work with all operators
but not with all the bells and whistles. More info is available on my
QR code generator page at http://pukupi.com/tools/codeatron/

Cheers

Kyle

--