(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push technology

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/04/04
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, David M. wrote:

> Its an interesting idea, I think an iappli may be a viable solution. You'd
> have to keep the iappli running and check for updates every hour or so.
> packet charges may be a problem though.

The 505i series (or any other phone with iAppli DX) will let you do just
this with an iAppli running on the standby screen. For example, I have
one that is a clock showing the predicted weather for the next 12 hours.

Packet charges are noticable, but not killer.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org