(keitai-l) Re: error while downloading from a site

From: Michael Sydenham <michael_at_neko.cc>
Date: 08/04/04
Tanya

I am not sure if this helps but here are a few suggestions - if I were
you I'd try your app on another phone like a 505 or another late model
FOMA to see what happens - you might be surprised. Assuming no bug in
your program, I've found the emulator is lenient about graphics file
support (since it is running on a PC) whereas phones are not (i.e. crash
upon "wrong" file being downloaded, e.g. loading a JPEG on a GIF-only
phone - probably not the case here, or a particular JPEG sampling not
supported). You might also double-check your program is all ok but
clearing the scratchpad in the emulator & redownloading your icons, just
to make doubly-sure that there wasn't a last minute bug that crept in.
Make sure each image you download is under the browser cache filesize
limit. If you're using JPGs, another idea is to swap your media out for
GIFs to see what happens as a test.

Just some ideas to start with..

Regards

Michael.