(keitai-l) Re: Using Just One Markup Language

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/13/04
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> Flash or SVG Tiny should solve many resolution issues for vector
> format image data like logos and maps....

Actually, I disagree. Especially for maps, you want to draw them
up differently depending on the resolution, because the amount of
information you can fit in is quite different when the resolution starts
to change drastically, such as between a standard and a QVGA keitai
screen. And, I suspect, anybody doing any reasonably complex images at
lower resolutions is going to be tweaking on a pixel-by-pixel basis for
the more difficult bits. Certainly the folks doing game art in the old
days of 320 x 200 computer screens was doing this.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***