(keitai-l) printStackTrace manipulation

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 01/07/05
Hi Keitat-l'ers,

So I'm working on a unit test package for Doja phones and I'm trying to
get the results of the unit-tests sent back over the wire.  I've managed
to do this on the emulator at least, but now I'm trying to send back the
output of the printStackTrace() operations - that most useful of
debugging information.

However it seems that CLDC 1.0 at least is of no help here since the
printStackTrace() operations cannot point anywhere except System.err and
System.err is final.  CLDC 1.1 looks no different.

I guess that means there is no way to redirect that output at all ...

Any ideas on ways round this?

Many thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM