(keitai-l) Re: printStackTrace manipulation

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 01/10/05
Hi Joe and others,

Thanks for the various replies.  Indeed it seems there is no way to grab
the stack trace on the handset itself, and I wonder if this is because
many phones don't actually implement it?  Generating a stack trace
likely requires expenditure of memory and processing, so maybe the CLDC
is designed this way in order to allow KVM implementors to save space by
leaving out the stack trace functionality ...

CHEERS> SAM

Joe Bowbeer wrote:

>There are only three methods implemented in Throwable in CLDC 1.0 and 1.1:
>
>getMessage()
>printStackTrace()
>toString()
>
>All the rest are inherited from Object.
>
>The only relevant trick I know is something I'm sure you're already aware of:
>
>Add "AppTrace = on" to your JAM file so your stack trace will show up
>in the app log on the phone.

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]