(keitai-l) Re: 3g timelines

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/14/05
Erik:

do you mean in Japan or globally?

Regarding Japan:
Note, that there is no fixed time line, and there
are a number of uncertainties, e.g. when and if and
to whom the Japanese government gives licenses etc!
For example, DoCoMo recently announced a delay
of the HSDPA introduction, or when Vodafone took
over J-Phone in Japan they cut down the 3G investment
plan by many billion US$, which strongly delayed the
Vodafone 3G roll-out in Japan compared to earlier
J-Phone planning. On the other hand KDDI accelerated
CDMA 2000-1x EVDO rollout to better compete.

Erik Hornfeldt wrote:
> Does anyone have a comprehensive timeline for the different 3G technologies
> like WCDMA, CDMA 2000 1x, CDMA 2000 1x EV_DO, CDMA 2000 EV-DV, EDGE, HSDPA

a small correction: its not: CDMA 2000 EV-DV

it should be: CDMA2000 1x EV-DO
EVDO = Evolution Data Only

> et al, when they will arrive and when they will delivet what bandwith?

You can find an overview about 3G in Japan here:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/3G/
and in detail in our report:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/3G/
our report contains a lot of detail on the networks and
time plans in Japan, new entrants and subscriber number
evolutions. Some of these data are also in my blog:
http://fasol.com/blog/

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/                      http://www.eurotechnology.com/