(keitai-l) Re: smartphones in Japan (was: Fukuoka Kyushu 3G Vodafone coverage)

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 05/17/05
Nokia is a non-carrier branded Nokia, you can get from here (quite
pricey though):
http://www.e-shopreg.com/shop/phone/7600/index.html

It should work flawlessly with Vodafone SIM, if voice is all what you
need. If you need to access Voda mail and Vodafone Live!, you are out of
luck (see my previous posting). This may work with FOMA SIM card too,
but it really depends on where you are located, since many FOMA base
stations still use old 3GPP spec that is incompatible with anything but
the old and bulky Motorola A835 (and of course DoCoMo branded phones).